dimanche 25 mai 2008

Magic DDR Cameras #1: Werra

I will try to begin a little review in my blog about my personal camera collection, and, amongst them, there are a few wonderfull DDR cameras. The first one I will talk about is the WERRA camera. The one I have is a Werra Automat, built from 1961 to 1964 by the VEB Carl Zeiss Jena, with a beautiful Tessar 2,8/50 lens. I don't going to make a whole technical review, but just want to say how I was impressed when I first saw this camera on a website dedicated to DDR design (Industrieform-DDR) and just wanted one as quick as possible. I found it easily on ebay..... Here is the cam:




I immediately had a good feeling with this cam, very easy to use, the lightmeter is very precise and time & aperture settings are quick to set while looking through the viewfinder and find the right exposition. A little bit heavy, but you really have the impression to have a solid camera in your hands, and it's also a very subtil design.... doesn't look like the usual 60's cameras...
But enough talked, let's have a look at some shots I made with this camera:











And if you want to know more about Werra cameras, have a look at this very interesting site (in french): http://pagesperso-orange.fr/Krg/werra/werra.htm or this one (with other links, in english): http://www.camerapedia.org/wiki/Werra

3 commentaires:

Hooi a dit…

Yeah.. here i am dropping a msg in ur new address blog... nice head image by the way..
Hey the Werra looks really comfortable handling and i think it does...
Again i gotta say, the pictures it shoots are really really solid, i think that' the perfect word to represent it.

Vicuna a dit…

Thanks Hooi! Really love this camera....!

Vicuna a dit…

And I'm going to make more reviews about my cameras collection..... all my cameras?? Perhaps... ;)) But there are always new ones! :)))